Tuesday, September 29, 2009

watch

I'm going to bed with the curtains open tonight. I did it for weeks a few years back, when my curtains were being replaced, and I loved it so much that when my curtains came back I left them open anyhow. Kind of seems a waste of new curtains, but...
It's kind of a comforting feeling, seeing the sky, and tonight it is pink, even though it's almost midnight. It's a kind of pink which has never seemed strange to me, but I've come to realise it's a colour unique to Auckland's clouds, and only ever straight after a thunderstorm, in the middle of the night.
I truly love thunderstorms, and the clap clap clap flash flash flash. Thunderstorms for me are always a very alone time, although I know for others that's totally untrue, but it's a very comforting alone feeling. The kind of feeling where you know you're alone watching the sky, but that so is everyone else. In a way you manage to feel completely alone but connected to everyone you love simultaneously.
I love the idea that everyone is watching the same scene from a different angle, like the sky is one great big screen, one movie on which everyone has a different take, and yet there can be no reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment