Saturday, November 7, 2009

give me

she let me remember what we once were,
let me recall our long nights and early mornings.

she let me know that i may be many things,
but one thing i am not is alone.

she gave me someone to talk about,
someone to beat your stories with.

she gave me revenge

she gave me long drives in the front seat,
and the chance for me to talk about myself, not you.

she gave me the time to stop gossiping about your friends
and to tell the truth about you.

she gave me the ability to be ahead
for once.

she gave me a door, marked way out
and taught me that i didn't have to take it.

she gave me the right to leave,
knowing you'd be here when i got back.

she gave me a challenge,
and a place where i didn't have to be embarassed.



but the horrible part is
she gave me the one thing you never could.

she gave me a way
to remember you.

1 comment:

  1. The ending is beautiful, really..
    Its slow, and pensive and the end is as unpredictable as a poem's can be.

    ReplyDelete